We Provide Emergency Shelter Services
For Local Women in the Kawartha Lakes
We Offer the Services You Need
Women’s Resources Cares About You
Get The Help You Deserve
What are Our Emergency Shelter Services?
Victoria’s is a safe 18-bed, short-term women’s shelter for women and their children who are fleeing abuse. The shelter and crisis support line are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All women staying at the shelter receive individual and group support. Recreational programs and support are offered by a Children’s counsellor. All of the services at women’s shelter are safe, secure, free and confidential.
What Do You Need To Bring When You Come To Victoria’s?
Here are some of the items you should bring with you to ensure your emergency stay with us is the best one possible.
- Prescription medications for you or your children
- Health cards
- Social insurance cards, passports, other identification
- Personal papers (financial, legal)
- Emergency personal belongings (clothes, pictures, etc.)
- Your child’s favourite toy or blanket
Emergency transportation is available to help women get to the shelter.
What Support Do We Offer When You Stay Us?
Counsellors support women staying at the shelter on an individual basis with:
- Crisis intervention and emotional support
- Creating safety plans
- Understanding the legal system
- Applying for financial assistance
- Obtaining affordable housing
- Learning about other types of community support (employment, immigration, education, health)